The successful candidate will co-ordinate and control the Structural Site Services project management/ engineering service to all works areas reporting Engineering Manager.
Your key accountabilities, will include but not be limited to the following:
- To deliver a professional project management service, ensuring all work is completed safely, on time, within budget, correct standard and quality
- Write and develop detailed specifications when required, in compliance with the Commercial Dept requirements
- When required manage/control departmental structural maintenance budgets as of when required. Opex & CapEx
- Ensure regulatory and legislative projects are managed and compliant from Inception to completion/hand over to client.
- Understand with in depth knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015 and Temporary Works requirements and
drive through the teams.
- Follow-up/audit on defective asset repairs / replacement and ensure repairs are completed to the required standard.
- Be able to plan, schedule, and manage small - large structural projects.
- Understand process HAZID, HAZOP, MoC and ensure they are applied when required.
- Liaises with Works Managers, Senior Managers, Works Engineers, and Production Engineers on planned works.
- Provide service and request work at short notice /unsociable hours/weekend working & call outs.
- Plans and schedules Site Services works in conjunction with Plant Managers, Works Engineers/Production
Engineers and other business unit/plant requirements.
- Direct supervision of contract labour, 3rd party services and in house labour for use on project/maintenance work (all aspects).
- Takes contractors representatives on site and describes jobs for quotation purposes preparing sketches/specification
where necessary showing Inspection job content.
- Controls through the contractors, supervisors and work force contractor labour engaged on project/maintenance works
and ensures that continuity of operations are maintained and the work completed within prescribed limits and standards.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be educated to HNC (min) level in Project Engineering or equivalent
with a trade back ground. Experience in heavy Industry/Engineering back ground would be advantageous.
Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation is a essential.
In depth knowledge of CDM 2015 and Temporary Works in required.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate Qualification is also required.
Please note that applicants must hold a UK driving license with access to their own car.
- A market competitive salary
- 35 days holidays per annum
- Annual Pay Review
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
- Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
- Leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
- Extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance
programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.