Responsible for planning, organising, co-ordination of the workload in busy industrial setting
ensuring adequate deployment of resources, in conjunction with supervising and managing
Maintenance staff and any contractors to ensure the provision of an efficient service,
and to maintain a safe environment. Maintenance will be carried out under the use of a Plant Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
system and the post holder will need to utilise this system.
This will require a thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of the operation of a
wide range of complex plant, equipment and industrial scale services including, but not limited to-
• Steam raising boiler plant and associated services
• Steam and Condense pipe work and associated valves, steam traps, fittings
• Heating pipe work and systems
• Domestic hot water systems and calorifiers
• Water installations and pressurisation systems and pumps
• Industrial air plants
• Ventilation and air conditioning plant and systems.
• Pneumatic/Hydraulic Controls and Systems
• Maintenance and installation of machinery/equipment
• Drainage Systems
• Welding and Fabrication
• Lighting circuits and power circuits
• Electrical panels testing and repair
• Routine electrical maintenance and emergency maintenance on machinery
• Direct contact with human waste whilst working on equipment.
• Cold water tanks
• Maintenance of fabric of buildings/roofs
• Electrical Distribution Systems including main switch board/disruption boards.
• Responsibility for maintaining the security of the premises whilst on site
• Ensure safe isolation of machinery/equipment on grounds of H&S