Our client is a ISO 9001:2008 accredited, subcontract precision engineering company whose current customer portfolio includes
aerospace, automotive, defence, electronics, food, medical, oil and gas, Automotive along with white goods industries.
Companies such as Austin Martin Timet and the Royal Mint utilise our clients expertise
They operate from modern workshops where both mechanical and electrical design, manufacturing and inspection
facilities have continual investment in the latest technologies.
They have a comprehensive machining capacity (both CNC and conventional) for individual items and batch work from
a variety of materials and castings. They cater for the design and manufacture of special purpose machinery to a
turnkey production line, including software, control and electrical cabinets together with associated tooling.
The Job Role consists of:-
• Good understanding of computer systems e.g. office suite will have used an MRP in previous role.
• Preparing quotations for new and repeat enquiries for BAW, from customer drawings.
• They will hopefully have an understanding of, engineering materials.
• An understanding of machining processes, and how to manufacture to drawings.
• Working with suppliers for the procurement of materials and bought out parts.
• Working with customer engineers and understanding their requirements.
• Supporting customer site visits.
• Working with the TMG design team on new engineering concepts.
• Supporting in-house process improvement activities.
• Supporting the BAW supervisors & machinists helping them understand the new manufacture items, and ironing out any issues in process.
We are looking for an engineer who has some experience of the above, and can grow within the existing engineering team, they will be supported & mentored.