Responsible for delivering Digital Solutions and the underpinning technologies required to support them.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• Relational databases such as SQL Server.
• Reporting and analysis services.
• Performance monitoring, including the creation of baselines.
• Implementation of tenancy and SaaS models to extend existing solutions where possible.
• Cluster and Cloud technologies to provide reliability and resilience.
• Integrations between solutions to provide a seamless user experience to both internal staff and external customers.
• Web interfaces to applications and Web Portals for customer interaction with Council services.
• Multiple communication channels such as email, Instant Messaging, voice integration, text messaging.
• Secure payments (Chip and PIN, online payments, etc).
• Mobile applications.
• Structured and unstructured data repositories.
• Customer request capture via online forms, call logging systems and ticketing requests.
• GIS provision and integration with solutions.
• Legacy systems and archived data for solutions which have been replaced but historical access is still required.
Ability to work to deadlines and changing priorities
Ability to work with others as either the leader or a member of a team.
Current knowledge of trends and developments in the field of Information Technology paying particular emphasis on infrastructure Computing and Management.
Demonstrate an ability to think logically to find solutions to complex issues.
Detailed knowledge and experience of a wide variety of infrastructure technologies and their relevant operating systems
Working knowledge of enterprise class firewalls