To inspect and monitor buildings within the ownership or responsibility of the Council to ensure full compliance with electrical
statutory requirements. To assist in the reactive and planned maintenance works as required.
• Inspection of Council buildings to ensure full compliance with statutory requirements.
• Audit building managers’ responsibilities and their adherence to relevant policies and management plans.
• Manage / supervise and provide advice in relation to electrical works.
• Prepare specifications, estimates, contract documentation to enable the procurement / issuing of works orders.
• Supervise and check claims for payment as directed by the Senior Building Maintenance Surveyor.
• Manage/supervise/advise on reactive and planned maintenance works of any type.
• Monitor compliance with statutory compliance in respect of water management and control of legionella as part of the Compliance
• Monitor compliance in respect of fire safety and provide advice to building managers in respect of the Council’s corporate Risk
• Any other duty that is reasonable and which is commensurate with the level of the grade.
Experience and working knowledge of fire alarm systems, intruder alarm system and CCTV systems.
Experience of Qualifying Manager’s role within NICEIC
Experience of test and inspection procedures and certification of electrical installations
Good working knowledge of electrical installations. Good IT skills. Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
Time served electrical apprenticeship
18th Edition IEE Electrical wiring regulations qualification
HNC/D with an electrical bias,