MAJOR PURPOSE OF POST :
To lead the client team in the identification of projects, development of project briefs, scoping of work, tendering, and project
delivery, for housing related projects.
Completing risk assessments and financial appraisal of projects, producing option/ economic appraisals to determine the best use
of available investment to maintain and improve the Councils Housing stock.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing a comprehensive Client Capital Project Service to the Council, leading on the delivery of the housing WHQS, capital
maintenance and improvement activities.
• Lead in the preparation and development of project appraisals and briefs for the delivery of housing capital investment
programmes ensuring maximum value for each project.
• Be responsible for the management of housing capital investment programmes from approval stage to post-completion review.
Including the development of detailed project plans and associated documentation, managing internal and external contractors,
monitoring spend to ensure projects stay within budget and identify and resolve issues and conflicts, project dependencies and
critical path issues.
• To effectively manage the team to ensure high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction though all projects. Designing and
amending projects briefs to deliver customer focused projects which meet the needs of tenants within budgetary constraints.
• Responsible for ensuring projects reduce the carbon footprint, maximising resources for the Council and tenants.
• To monitor productivity and performance, ensuring compliance with financial and service targets.
• To provide verbal and/or written reports/updates on performance as required in respect of these areas, on a regular basis.
• Act as the initial point of contact for the Capital Projects team for general communications, promoting a positive image through the
development of excellent working relationships with customers, partners, colleagues and key stakeholders.
• Overseeing the submission of Building Regulation Approval, planning applications and securing planning and other required consents where necessary.
• Procuring and engaging structural engineers, architects and designers where necessary to support the project delivery.
• To represent the Council ‘Client’ as ‘Principle Designer’ for capital projects delivered by the team, being responsible for the
production of ‘Project briefs’ and the ‘Health and Safety File’.
• To assist with the development, maintenance and updating of the Council’s asset management system in respect of the Council’s
• To ensure the quality of work is maintained to a high standard and customer/client satisfaction levels meet the Council’s
• To liaise with clients and respond to their changing needs and requirements in respect of service delivery.
• To represent the section at meetings in respect of service issues with clients/residents/other council departments and outside
organisation/bodies where appropriate.
• To produce where required ad-hoc reports and information on service related issues and assist the Development and Investment
Manager in the preparation of service/team plans including the control, monitoring and review of the associated aims and objectives.
• Mentoring and development of colleagues within the service.
• Ensure compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
• To implement the principles of the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy whilst carrying out the above duties
• To adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and
safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts / omissions.
• To implement the principles of the Council's Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
• To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer.
• Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as
may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time.