We are looking for a person to cover the role of a Senior Technician in our design team in Pontypool.
We ideally we require someone that has experience of some of the following:
canal improvement work, flood alleviation work, drainage work and active travel schemes.
To deliver professional Civil Engineering Design and Construction Management Services.
To be accountable for:
• Delivery of Civil Engineering Design and Construction Management Services to the highest standards
• Management and assistance in the management of projects from scheme development through to settlement of final account.
• Achievement of high levels of performance against legislative & service delivery targets.
• To assist the Principal Engineer in the delivery of Civil Engineering and project management functions
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• To prepare designs and schemes from development of brief to practical completion,
including preparation of drawings, specifications, bills of quantities contract documentation
and contract administration including site supervision of contractors and certification of contractors’ accounts.
• To apply current software packages to improve the delivery of civil and highway engineering services.
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
1. Educated to HND/HNC level in a Civil Engineering discipline, or a minimum of 5 years
relevant experience of delivering Civil/Highway Engineering Services.
2. A minimum of 3 years’ experience of delivering Civil/Highway Engineering Services.
3. Good Knowledge and understanding of Legislative and Statutory obligations that affect the Delivery of Civil Engineering Services.
4. Good Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing Local Authority Services.
5. Good Knowledge of best practice in Civil/Highway Engineering Sectors.
6. Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and AutoSign
Special Working Conditions
• The post holder will be expected to operate with a significant degree of flexibility
and will be required to manage and prioritise work commitments.
• Some work that the post holder will be required to undertake will be out of the office
environment including on live construction sites.
• On occasion, you may be required to work outside standard office hours.
Full job description available on request