1. PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide Project Engineers with a supporting design and drawing resource to
prepare engineering drawings including all relevant design codes and practices.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Development of the detailed design and engineering requirements from initial concepts,
calculations and ideas into an engineering drawing format in conjunction with the relevant
• Prepares detailed schedule of materials components and assembly information to support
• Ensures that design for safety is included in the development or modification to an item of plant or
• Modify and update all relevant engineering drawings with approved plant modifications.
• Maintain the company drawing database to ensure easy access to drawings to reduce
• Take ownership, identify and implement improvements to drawing office standard SMES002 as
required in line with modern technology.
• Ensure all contractors or equipment suppliers drawings are supplied as per company
SMES002 drawing office standard. All drawings are to be correctly located as per production lines
functional locations. This will enable the end user to have quicker access and thus solve problems in
a timely manner
• Take ownership and complete actions as per Departmental Safety Plan. Undertake Safety Walks /
Audits to reduce the rate of accidents.
• Work within a Project Team of Engineers, Design Draughtsperson and other supporting functions
• Have direct reporting responsibilities to the Senior Project Engineer and to the Manager, Site
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The jobholder should have a professional qualification in the electrical engineering discipline.
Literacy in terms of computer systems and software applicable to CAD equipment is a necessary
Comprehensive knowledge of :
• Autocad Electrical ( version 2018)
• Microsoft Office 365
Knowledge of Eplan Electric P8 (Version 2.7/2.8) desirable
The Job holder should be able to create electrical schematics to IEC standards
either utilising AutoCAD or the preferred Eplan P8 software package.
There will be a need to modify existing scanned drawings electronically.
Have a knowledge of electrical standards for machinery design
Be able to undertake plant based wiring surveys to produce the necessary electrical drawings,
preferably utilising the Eplan P8 package.