The job holder will be responsible for mechanical maintenance, refurbishment and repair of
mechanical equipment within the Manufacturing Engineering function for support of process lines.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Health, Safety and Environmental performance adhering to the works IMS procedures and PPE instructions / procedures and facilitating the team safety meetings.
• Undertake safe operation of equipment and machines within the Manufacturing Engineering workshops.
• Repair mechanical items to a high standard from existing drawings to the expected delivery period.
• Assist with development of designs for manufacture of process line and safety improvements.
• Undertake repairs and refurbishments of existing equipment.
• Take an active role in CI, maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping standards within the Manufacturing Engineering Workshops.
• Undertake work for process lines, auxiliary plant and cranes as required.
• Undertake Zone Safety audits at a given frequency as per Safety Sub Plan.
• Undertake Risk assessments and LOLERs for activities to be undertaken.
Requirements / Personal Specification
The candidate must be time served fitter and have adequate relevant plant experience in a steel and
construction related industry.
Must have good communications skills.
The candidate must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
Possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks, and be able to challenge those who do not.