As Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the preparation of structural design’s and design calculations.
This will include, liaising with clients and other construction professionals throughout the design and construction process. As well
• Developing detailed civil engineering designs.
• Discussing requirements with the client and other professionals.
• Providing complete design calculations in both civil and structural functions.
• Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
• Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles.
• Managing design/project change, as the client may change their mind about the design, and ensuring relevant parties are notified of
changes in the project.
• Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
• Compiling, checking and approving reports.
• Reviewing and approving project drawings.
• Using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects.
• Scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery.
• Adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations and safety on all work
Your experience will include…
Ideally candidates will have a Civil or Structural Engineering Degree with relevant work experience and good all-round
communication skills. Experience with overland pipelines, external works, drainage and knowledge of UK design codes will be an
essential prerequisite. Similarly experience in the use of AutoCAD or other related modelling or design software will be a major
Successful candidates will display a sound knowledge of the latest CDM regulations along with material use and suitability (such as
masonry, concrete, steel, timber). A solid understanding of the commercial aspects of projects and project work would be beneficial